10 Strategies to Get the Best ABA Therapy Services for Your Child with Autism in Arizona
Updated: Jul 17
As a parent of a child recently diagnosed with autism, you may feel overwhelmed by all the informationand options available for your child's treatment. One of the most effective treatments for children with autism is Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy. In this blog post, we will discuss 10 useful strategies
for researching and obtaining ABA therapy services for your child in Arizona.
1. Understand Insurance Coverage: Familiarize yourself with Arizona's insurance laws regarding
ABA therapy. Arizona Revised Statutes § 20-1057.11 and § 20-1402.03 require health insurers to
cover medically necessary services, including ABA therapy, for individuals under 18 years of age
diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
2. Maintain Private Commercial Insurance and State Medicaid: To ensure top-quality
services and a wider selection of providers, it is recommended that families maintain both private commercial insurance and state Medicaid. This dual coverage can reduce waitlist potential and allow you to choose the best provider for your child.
3. Research ABA Providers: Look for ABA therapy providers in Arizona that specialize in working
with children diagnosed with autism. Use online resources, such as provider websites and social
media pages, to learn about their services, staff qualifications, and experience.
4. Verify Credentials: Ensure that the ABA therapy provider employs Board Certified Behavior
Analysts (BCBAs). This certification guarantee that the provider's staff has the necessary
education and training to deliver quality ABA therapy services.
5. Seek Recommendations: Ask for recommendations from other parents, pediatricians, or special
education professionals in your community as well as parent support groups on Facebook. Their
firsthand experiences can provide valuable insights into the quality of care provided by local ABA
6. Schedule Consultations: Contact potential ABA therapy providers and schedule consultations to discuss your child's needs and the services they offer. This will give you an opportunity to ask questions and gauge whether the provider is a good fit for your family.
7. Consider In-Home vs. Center-Based Services: Decide whether in-home or center-based ABA
therapy would be most beneficial for your child. Both options have their advantages, so consider
factors such as your child's comfort, your family's schedule, and the availability of resources in
8. Assess Individualized Treatment Plans: Make sure the ABA therapy provider offers individualized treatment plans tailored to your child's unique needs. These plans should be based on a
thorough assessment and regularly updated to reflect your child's progress.
9. Review Progress Monitoring: Choose a provider that uses data-driven methods to track your
child's progress and make adjustments to their treatment plan as needed. Regular progress
reports and parent meetings are essential for ensuring effective ABA therapy services.
10. Evaluate Parent Training and Support: Look for providers that offer parent training and support
programs. These programs can equip you with the skills necessary to reinforce the strategies
used in ABA therapy, promoting consistency and generalization of skills learned during therapy
If you're seeking top-quality ABA therapy services for your child, consider Sami's Angels ABA Services.
Our experienced team of professionals is dedicated to providing the best possible care for children withautism in Arizona. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your child reach their full
Remember, finding the right ABA therapy provider is crucial for your child's success. By following these10 strategies, you'll be well on your way to securing the best possible services for your child with autism